Notable Nannies are delighted to be working with a returning client from Sunderland (SR4) who have one child aged 6 years. Dad is looking for someone who can essentially support with before and after school cover during term time and full time cover during school holidays with a rota similar to this:
- Monday morning 7am-9am (take to school and mum collects from school)
- Tuesday 2.30pm-5pm (collect from school until dad returns)
- Wednesday 7am-9am and again 2.30pm-5pm (drop off and collect from school)
- Thursday 7am-9am and again 2.30pm-5pm (drop off and collect from school)
- Friday 7am-9am (take to school and mum collects from school)
In school holidays, there may be some flexibility on the timings
- Monday morning 7am-9am (take to mums)
- Tuesday 2.30pm-5pm (collect from mums until dad returns)
- Wednesday 7am--5pm (full day)
- Thursday 7am-5pm (full day)
- Friday 7am-9am (take to mums)
The position is to start as soon as the right person is available, and we would be looking for someone who will be happy to work with the family on a long term basis. There may be some challenging behaviour issues which will need to be monitored, this is usually more noticeable when there are changes in routine involved. Currently behaviour is settled with good additional support from school placement.
This position would suit someone who is self motivated, energetic and active, someone who has the ability to use their initiative and knows what they are doing, someone who is confident with a firm but fair manner with ensuring consistency with behaviour boundaries, someone who is able to plan fun activities to help with learning and development, with planned outdoor playtime, fun and interaction when not at school. The ideal nanny would be someone who is able to support and nurture with love, kindness, stability and encouragement. We would be looking for someone who is calm, patient and who can offer reliability, consistency and a flexible commitment to fit within the family dynamics.
The nanny will be required to take care of the child's needs, ensuring he gets to school or to his mum's on time with everything he needs for the day, planning a variety of age appropriate fun and activities to encourage learning and development when not in school time. The job will also include children’s duties where time allows (this entails keeping the children's play areas, toys, and bedrooms tidy and organised, changing beds, doing the laundry and ironing for the children), preparing meals for the children etc.
The position offers the nanny a daily rate of £100 per day, regardless of the number of hours worked, this will balance out the weeks where only a small amount of hours are worked and those weeks where full time cover is required. This is not a live in position. A driver with own transport is essential.
We are going to be looking for someone who:
- has excellent experience with children who can have challenging behaviour, with the ability to support with school transitions
- is able to support and encourage confidence, teaching life skills and independence whilst being an excellent role model
- is passionate about childcare, supporting with the children’s learning and development
- is forward thinking in relation to the planning of age appropriate games, activities, outings, meals for the week ahead
- is very much COVID aware and mindful of their surroundings
Excellent communication skills are essential as is the need for flexibility, reliability, mutual respect and transparency.