A family in Bickley, Bromley (BR1) are looking for an experienced live-in nanny/housekeeper to join their family as soon as possible. The family consists of mum, dad and their daughter aged 9 years. The family need someone to work from 7.30am-7.30pm, Monday to Thursday and a Saturday. (60 hours a week). Mum will be starting a new job in April 2021, this is expected to be a very busy job hence the need for someone reliable to keep the household in good order.
The family would like to employ someone who is equally happy to take care of the housekeeping, as they are the children, and they would like to see candidates who have a track record of both housekeeping and working as a nanny. All typical nanny duties will apply, and include:
- the daughter's care, wellbeing and development
- drop-off and collection in relation to school and out of school activities
- arts and crafts, games and activities at home
- supporting with homework, reading and helping with their learning
- helping to keep her bedroom and play areas organised and tidy
- planning and preparing of healthy meals throughout the day
- planning suitable outings and activities during school holidays
- bath and bed time routines
It is important to the family that their nanny is kind, considerate, caring and patient. This family require a confident driver and there is an automatic car available for use whilst on duty. This is a long term role and the family are looking for their nanny/housekeeper to become a part of the family, to support their daughter as she continues to grow and learn. The ideal candidate will have a positive, proactive manner with an understanding that this is a vitally important role where your skills and experience will be required across all aspects of the smooth daily running of the household.
Alongside the daily nanny requirements, this position will suit someone who is highly competent and thorough in their housekeeping abilities.
The housekeeping aspect of the role will include:
- The daily cleaning and maintaining of a clean and tidy household
- Thorough cleaning of kitchen areas, worktops, cupboards, utility space
- Dusting and polishing furniture & fixtures
- Cleaning and sanitising of toilets, showers/bathtubs, countertops, and sinks
- Vacuuming and cleaning of carpets and rugs
- Sweeping/vacuuming, polishing, and mopping of hard floors
- Safely using any cleaning equipment such as vacuums, mops, and other cleaning tools
- Keeping bathrooms stocked with clean linens, toiletries, and other supplies
- Cleaning of mirrors and other glass surfaces
- Making of beds and changing the bed linen
- Household laundry and ironing
- Emptying bins and disposing of waste
- Monitoring the cleaning supplies and ordering more as needed
The position is available to commence at the end of March / beginning of April 2021 and the family are looking for someone who will be with them long term. The salary on offer is in the region of £580 gross per week and the accommodation is your own private bedroom downstairs and bathroom within the family home. This is separate to the rest of the living space in the home, and therefore plenty of privacy. The nanny would have access to the family bathroom for showering and taking a bath.