Live-In Mother’s Help Position (Clapham)
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Mother’s Help to build on their childcare experience, learn and grow with this lovely family and transition into a sole charge Nanny role once mum returns to work in January 2020. Mum is currently on maternity leave and is due to give birth in April and would like an extra pair of hands for support with her two girls, (7 and 10 years old) and with the new baby. The family are offering a wonderful self-contained flat for the Mother’s Help’s sole use, which is attached to the house but has it’s own entrance, in a sought after location in Clapham.
Start Date: Immediate Start
Days and Hours: Monday to Friday – 40 hours a week
The hours will be split and the Mother’s Help will have time to themselves during the day as the hours will be from 7am-9am and then again from 1:30pm-7:30pm.
Salary: £1,193.96 Gross per month
Supporting the Mother with caring for all three children – Usual nursery duties apply, helping the girls get ready for school in the morning, playing with the girls, supporting with homework and bath times, taking the children on play dates and trips in the school holidays and looking after the baby while mum has some downtime. The Mother’s Help will also support with some light housework and running the odd errand. The family have a weekly cleaner so there is no heavy cleaning involved.
- Fluent in English
- Bonus if the candidate can speak Italian as family speak Italian at home
- Up to date DBS
- Paediatric First Aid
- Previous childcare experience required
- Baby specific experience required
- Experience with multiple children preferred
- Experience with older children would be a bonus but not essential
- Preferably previous live in experience
The Mother’s Help will have their own independent flat, which is amazing in terms of privacy. It includes: 1 large bedroom, 1 bathroom, 1 kitchen. Private fridge, private entrance door and private exit to street.
Perks of the Role:
- This is the perfect opportunity for a candidate who wishes to develop their childcare experience in a
home environment and progress into a sole charge Nanny role.
- Potential for the Mother’s Help to travel with the family for a few weeks a year
- Holiday allowance over and above the standard statutory allowance
- An I Phone provided for the candidate to use to communicate with the family
- Family are willing to pay for Paediatric First Aid course if this needs updating
Role Would Suit:
This role would suit a positive, clean and tidy person who truly enjoys children and family life. It would also suit a candidate who is organised, independent, has a can-do attitude and is capable of multi-tasking.
The family are looking for a candidate who is wanting to grow with the family and stay long term, moving into a sole charge position once mum returns to work in Jan 2020.
JOB REF: NN33
If you’re interested in this role and feel as though you meet the requirements, please send your CV to Lydia at Lydia.firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss the role further.